Standard Materials Mod 1.15.2 adds plenty of armor and equipment made of Obsidian and Emerald. It brings you more options to try new armor or tools.
Since these materials for making new armor, tools, and weapons are different, you will want to know their characteristics:
- For Obsidian: Any tools that were made of this material share the same highest level as Diamond. Although Obsidian’s speed is weaker than Diamond’s, its durability is higher. For Obsidian sets of armor, they are just weaker a bit than Diamond.
- For Emerald: When you make a certain item using this material, it also has the same highest level as Iron. The speed of Emerald tools is quite high. However, its durability is not as good as other materials. If you make Emerald sets of armor, they may be used as decoration since their quality is not much good.
This Minecraft mod also brings you some new items to craft. For instance, you can craft the Obsidian Gem by smelting some Obsidian Blocks in a Furnace. Or, you can smelt them in a Blast Furnace to craft that item. The recipes for crafting items are similar to Vanilla Tools and Armor. Standard Materials requires Minecraft Forge to be functional in the game.
How to install the Minecraft download version of this mod:
- First of all, make sure you have Forge Installer installed before starting.
- Locate the Minecraft application directory.
- Open the Start Menu window, enter% appdata%, then click Run.
- On the search toolbar, open Mac, hold down ALT, and press Go.
- On the window that appears on the screen, click Library in the top Menu bar.
- Open the folder Application Support and locate Minecraft.
- Paste the downloaded mod (.jar file) into the Mods folder, then launch Minecraft.
Finally, launch Minecraft and click on the Mods icon; you will see Standard Materials Mod installed.